How would it feel to ask a social worker about your adoption home study BEFORE you started the process? What if that social worker had already completed over 1500 home studies?
Licensed clinical social worker Lori Fraas is our guest on the show today. She shares her experience from completing over 1500 home studies. She answers tons of questions that will help you eliminate fear and overwhelm, giving you confidence to complete your adoption home study.
Lori is the founder and Executive Director of Adoption Support Services of Florida, which is a licensed adoption agency dedicated to helping families. She completes home studies for families living in Florida.
She is an expert in home studies and is a sought after speaker for online adoption seminars, Social Work training courses, RESOLVE infertility support groups and adoption conferences.
Lori says “The home study should be an interactive, educational experience and not a painstaking chore. We understand there is no such thing as a perfect family and one phrase we hear again and again after the completion of the home study process is – Wow, that was easier than I thought it would be!”
What you will learn about in this episode:
- How and why Lori got started with completing adoption home studies.
- Find out the main purpose of the adoption home study process.
- How and where do hopeful adoptive families find a good, qualified home study provider.
- Get Lori’s TOP TIPS for having a fast and successful adoption home study.
- How long it takes to complete a home study. Find out the most common struggles that adoptive families face during the home study process.
- How much it costs to get a home study completed.
- AND MUCH MORE!
Links we talk about in this episode:
- AdoptionSupportServices.com – home page for Lori’s agency.
- AdoptionSupportServices.com/about-us – learn more about Lori and her services.
- Connect with Lori on Facebook
- InfantAdoptionGuide.com/Welcome – get 4 FREE adoption guides I’ve put together just for you.
- InfantAdoptionGuide.com/StartHere – get my best adoption articles listed by category – Starting Your Journey, Adoption Costs, Agencies and MORE.
- InfantAdoptionGuide.com/iTunes – If you like the show, I would love it if you would leave a review on iTunes. Thanks!
Listen and Subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher by clicking on the logos:
CLICK THE PLAY BUTTON BELOW TO LISTEN!