“The cost of adoption should never stand in the way of giving a child a family.” Julie Gumm
How can you fund your adoption – especially without debt?
She is the author of the book Adopt Without Debt: Creative Ways to Cover the Cost of Adoption.
She has been featured on the Dave Ramsey radio show and she regularly speaks about adoption.
Julie is married to her high-school sweetheart and is the mother of 4 children from 2 continents. She and her husband Mark paid of $235,000 in debt, including the house, and have been living God-sized, debt-free dreams ever since.
She blogs about adoptive family life, affording adoption and financial freedom at JulieGumm.com.
Listen to Julie tell her story of how she and her husband Mark paid off their debt and adopted two children without going into more debt.
A quote from Julie’s book is “the cost of adoption should never stand in the way of giving a child a family.” I agree 100%. You’ll hear talk about her 3 tier approach to funding your adoption:
1.How to find extra money in your household budget.
2.How to fundraise easily and effectively.
3.How to apply for adoption grants.
Highlights from this episode:
- How to start funding your adoption
- What to do if you aren’t the type of person that is comfortable fundraising
- Julie’s #1 tip to make your adoption more affordable
- The biggest obstacle Julie and her husband faced when saving for their adoption
- Lots of creative ways to fund your adoption without debt
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Julie’s book: Adopt Without Debt: Creative Ways to Cover the Cost of Adoption
- Julie’s Adoption Grant resources
You will be surprised at how many ways you can come up with to fund your adoption debt free. Julie’s book has over $80,000 worth of creative fundraising ideas from more than 30 adoptive families.
I highly recommend reading Adopt Without Debt: Creative Ways to Cover the Cost of Adoption.
Subscribe and listen to the show on iTunes or Stitcher: