We visit with Monika – as she shares her heart through her story and insights about being a birthmother in an open adoption.
She has been quoted in the new book “The Open-Hearted Way to Open Adoption” by Lori Holden and has begun working on her own book about open adoption.
I really enjoyed this interview – and I know you will too – because listening to Monika’s unique story gives us an opportunity to learn more about open adoption.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How Monika found out she is a mother AFTER her baby was born.
- How Monika chose the adoptive parents for her baby girl.
- What her open adoption relationship is like with her daughter and the adoptive parents.
- When and why you should use the term ‘birthmother’.
- AND MUCH MORE!
Here the links that were mentioned in this episode:
- Birthmombuds.com – provides peer counseling, support, encouragement, and friendship to birthmoms as well as pregnant women considering adoption.
- Birth Mom Buds Blog
- Lavenderluz.com – a blog by Lori Holden, author of the book The Open-Hearted Way to Open Adoption.
Subscribe and listen to the show from iTunes or Stitcher:
QUESTION FOR YOU: What do you think of Monika’s story?
CLICK HERE to leave a comment below.