In this episode I have a great conversation with Shawn Kane – who is an adoptive dad and the Executive Director of American Adoptions, which is a full service adoption agency that works with adoptive couples and birthparents nationwide.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Shawn’s story of how he and his wife recently adopted their child.
- Open adoption – what it means and some practical advice for those who are unsure if they want an open adoption.
- What makes American Adoptions different than other agencies.
- What the average wait time is for couples who work with American Adoptions.
- What an adoption video profile is and how it can benefit you.
- And MUCH MORE!
Links discussed in the show:
- American adoptions has a birthmother scholarship program that helps pay for college or other school tuition and books.
- InfantAdoptionGuide.com/4 National Adoption Agencies – blog post about 4 adoption agencies that work with families from all over the U.S.
- Infantadoptionguide.com/AdoptionAgencies – learn more about adoption agencies.
- The Infant Adoption Guide Podcast on iTunes.
What makes American Adoptions different than other agencies:
- Families can set an adoption budget so that they will only be matched with a birth mother whose needs do not exceed their adoption budget.
- If a birth mother changes her mind and decides not to pursue an adoption plan, American Adoptions offers a limited financial risk program, which covers families who have already paid medical, legal or living expenses before the disruption.
- Unique and personal adoption print and video profiles that help families get matched faster & with less risk for disruption.
- Click here to learn more about why families choose American Adoptions.
Question for you: What do you look for when researching domestic adoption agencies? Click here to enter your comments below.