The cost of adoption is a sensitive subject.
We hear about how expensive it is and it can be difficult to understand why.
Here is the truth. In domestic infant adoption, lots of people are needed to help make sure the safe placement of a child happens with the right family.
See the emphasis on safe placement and the right family?
There is so much that goes into making this happen.
Hopeful adoptive families need adoption professionals – agencies and/or attorneys to help them go through the process. There are costs involved with getting this help, and that’s what we are talking about today – the cost of adoption.
We have a great discussion with Cheri Williams, who is a Regional Director with Bethany Christian Services. She oversees operations in Florida, South Carolina, Mississippi, and Arkansas. Cheri is passionate about serving children and families in need and has worked in the child welfare field for nearly 18 years.
She has extensive experience in the areas of child protection, foster care, and adoption. Cheri earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Family and Child Sciences from The Florida State University, and her Master’s Degree in Public Administration from Troy University.
We are going to especially talk about what to expect, and we’ll give you the tips/resources you need to understand the cost from the adoption professional you choose.
What you will learn about in this episode:
- Why does it cost so much to adopt a baby, especially when the cost of foster care adoption is minimal?
- What are the costs that hopeful adoptive families can expect?
- Find out what questions to ask an agency or attorney to find out their fees and what they cover.
- How to reduce or eliminate the financial risk if an expectant mother decides to parent.
- Hear a story about a family who successfully adopted while having to come up with a larger sum for their adoption plans.
- AND MUCH MORE!
Links we talk about in this episode:
- Bethany.org – full service adoption agency with offices in 36 states. Watch some cool adoption story videos and find out about their infant adoption program.
- You CAN Adopt Without Debt: Creative Ways to Cover the Cost of Adoption by Julie Gumm. She has been featured on The Dave Ramsey Show with her book that will help you fund your adoption with a bunch of creative ideas.
- HelpUsAdopt.org – this is a non-profit financial assistance grant program providing qualified couples with grants of up to $15,000 towards adoption expenses.
- American Academy of Adoption Attorneys – a non-profit organization with 340 members who are experts in adoption law.
- Resources4Adoption – a great site that breaks down the financial barriers with adoption grant resources and funding tools.
- InfantAdoptionGuide.com/iTunes – If you like the show, would you leave a review on iTunes?
- InfantAdoptionGuide.com – get my 4 FREE adoption ebooks to help you on the adoption journey!
Check out this show’s sponsor, Bethany Christian Services!
Do you like Podcasts? Listen and Subscribe to the IAG show on iTunes or Stitcher by clicking on the logos:
CLICK THE PLAY BUTTON BELOW TO LISTEN!