A birth mother’s story is often a powerful one – with lots of emotion.
Tammy Thompson Davis has such a story, as she placed her twin girls after not one, but two hopeful adoptive parents backed out of a match with her.
This episode is part 2 of her story, where she shares the happy ending about how she found the perfect adoptive parents for her girls, even after struggling through two broken matches.
Most adoptive couples worry about an expectant mother changing her mind before placement, but Tammy had the opposite happen to her. Both couples backed out prior to the birth of her girls.
Tammy has a unique perspective in the adoption world. She is a birthmom, an adoptive mom, and an adoption professional.
Her own difficult experience as a birth mother led her (22 years ago) to begin The Family Building Project, which is a company that specializes in adoption education, networking, and marketing support of the adoption triad.
“No one thinks about how the birth mom feels when a couple commits but out of fear jumps at another opportunity if due sooner, its hard. It hurts. And it almost derailed my faith in adoption. I’m grateful it didn’t.” –Tammy Thompson Davis
Tammy speaks often at American Academy of Adoption Attorneys (AAAA) meetings, and for large corporations which have family building programs (such as Turner Broadcasting, Coca-Cola, Merck, etc).
She has never had her story recorded to be shared for everyone to hear…until now.
Her story is so powerful and touching, that we split it up into two parts. This episode is part 2.
Be sure to go listen to part 1 when Tammy shares the beginning of her amazing story.
What you will learn about in this episode:
- What it’s like when hopeful adoptive couples decide to back out of a match with an expectant mom.
- Hear what she did after two devastating failed matches with adoptive parents.
- How Tammy found the perfect adoptive parents for her twin girls.
- Find out the main lessons she learned from her experience.
- Hear what Tammy wants you to know about expectant moms, birth moms, and hopeful adoptive families.
- AND MUCH MORE!
Links we talk about in this episode:
- Part 1 of Tammy’s story – where she shares what it was like being a birthmom at 19 and in college, and how she decided to place her twins.
- The Family Building Project on Facebook – Tammy’s Facebook page for providing adoption education, networking, and marketing support for the adoption triad.
- The Family Building Project on Instagram – Tammy’s Instagram page.
- American Academy of Adoption Attorneys – a non-profit organization with 340 members throughout the U.S. and Canada who are experts in the complexities of adoption law and the variety of interstate and international regulations surrounding adoption.
- InfantAdoptionGuide.com/iTunes – If you like the show, I would love it if you would leave a review on iTunes. Thanks!
- InfantAdoptionGuide.com – get my 4 FREE adoption ebooks to help you on the adoption journey!
Do you like Podcasts? Listen and Subscribe to the IAG show on iTunes or Stitcher by clicking on the logos:
CLICK THE PLAY BUTTON BELOW TO LISTEN!