“Expectant women want to learn about the parents who are waiting to adopt right away. They don’t want to wait until they’ve decided “yes, I want to choose adoption” – and then look for families.”
One of the biggest obstacles for hopeful adoptive parents is to figure our what birthmoms are looking for in hopeful adoptive families. How do you create a book, a website, and a video that shows how unique you are and how excited you are to adopt?
This episode is part 2 of our chat with Libby Denniston, the Outreach Coordinator for Lifetime Adoption Center – which has been dedicated to bringing couples and birthparents together since 1986.
Libby has been working directly with hopeful adoptive families and birthparents for many years. She is so compassionate towards birthmoms and hopeful adoptive families.
She has a keen eye and ear for helping families create amazing adoption profiles. She loves offering guidance and support for expectant women who are considering adoption for their child.
Libby is an extra special guest for me personally, because she has been a vital part of our journey to build our family through adoption.
Here’s a picture my wife and I love because it is when we went to visit Libby and the Lifetime staff in California, who had just helped us adopt our baby daughter, who was not quite 2 weeks old.
I’m excited to have her share her wisdom, her heart, and her adoption knowledge.
We had such a great discussion, that I decided to make it into two episodes. So this is part 2. I hope you take time to go listen to part 1 in episode 39.
This episode will help you understand birthmoms better – and you’ll learn how you can connect with them faster and easier.
What you will learn about in this episode:
- Why creating an adoption profile video will help you connect with a prospective birthmom.
- Libby’s tips for making a profile that stands out to expectant women who are considering adoption.
- What expectant women look for BEFORE they choose an adoption plan.
- How the internet is changing domestic infant adoption and what you can do to connect faster with prospective birthmoms.
- What you may be doing to stunt your adoption journey and your search to connect with a prospective birthmother.
- Hear some amazing stories about the families who have received help and support from Libby and the staff at Lifetime Adoption.
- AND MUCH MORE!
Links we talk about in this episode:
- InfantAdoptionGuide.com/39 – episode 39 is part 1 of my chat with Libby – what birthmoms are looking for in hopeful adoptive families.
- AdoptionTeleconference.com – where Libby hosts a webinar series with fabulous topics about domestic infant adoption.
- LifetimeAdoption.com – a nationwide leader in domestic, open adoptions assisting and supporting birthparents in their search to find qualified loving adoptive families.
- AdoptionProfileVideo.com – a BRAND NEW online training course helping you create an amazing adoption profile video!
- InfantAdoptionGuide.com/iTunes – If you like the show, I would love it if you would leave a review on iTunes. Thanks!
- InfantAdoptionGuide.com/welcome – get my 4 FREE adoption ebooks to help you on the adoption journey!
Find out how to make your own Adoption Profile Video!
Do you like Podcasts? Listen and Subscribe to the IAG show on iTunes or Stitcher by clicking on the logos:
CLICK THE PLAY BUTTON BELOW TO LISTEN!