“Hopeful adoptive parents need to remember – you could be why an expectant mother chooses adoption for her child. You could be the #1 reason that makes a woman go from saying: I’m not sure about adoption – to say – I can make an adoption happen with people like this. You are going to be an answer for that woman.”
Sometimes it’s difficult for hopeful adoptive parents to really understand birthmoms and women who are considering adoption for their baby. It can be a struggle to figure out how to make a great profile that will touch the heart of an expectant woman.
Our guest on this episode is Libby Denniston – who is the Outreach Coordinator for Lifetime Adoption Center – which has been dedicated to bringing couples and birthparents together since 1986. Libby has been working directly with hopeful adoptive families and birthparents for many years.
She has an amazing heart for all those involved in adoption. She helps families reflect themselves through their adoption profiles and she loves meeting with birthmoms and offering them support.
Another thing you need to know about Libby is that she is the adoption webinar queen – as she hosts Lifetime’s awesome free webinar series at AdoptionTeleconference.com, were they share adoption success stories, have Q & A sessions, and discuss other informational adoption topics.
Libby is an extra special guest for me personally, because she has helped my wife and I through many ups and downs throughout our quest to become parents.
Here’s a picture we treasure because it is when we went to visit Libby and the Lifetime staff in California. Libby is holding our baby daughter, who was not quite 2 weeks old.
Libby is a trusted mentor for us on our journey, so I’m excited to have her share her wisdom, her heart, and her adoption knowledge.
We had such a great discussion, that I decided to make it into two episodes. So this is part 1 of 2. After you’ve listened to part 1, I invite you to listen to part 2 – the last half of our discussion.
My hope is this episode will help you understand birthmoms better – and you learn what they are hoping to find in adoptive parents.
What you will learn about in this episode:
- What Lifetime Adoption Center does – and how they help adoptive families and birthmoms.
- Libby’s tips for understanding birthmoms and expectant women who are considering adoption.
- What expectant women look for BEFORE they choose an adoption plan.
- Insight about what open adoption looks like from all perspectives.
- What hopeful adoptive families need to know about birthmoms.
- Hear some amazing stories about the birthmoms who have received help and support from Libby and the staff at Lifetime Adoption.
- AND MUCH MORE!
Links we talk about in this episode:
- InfantAdoptionGuide.com/40 – episode 40 is the second half (part 2) of my chat with Libby – what birthmoms are looking for in hopeful adoptive families.
- AdoptionTeleconference.com – where Libby hosts a free webinar series all about domestic adoption.
- LifetimeAdoption.com – a nationwide leader in domestic, open adoptions. They assist and support birthparents and adoptive families as they help make adoption connections.
- BraveLove.org – an amazing site dedicated to sharing adoption stories. Watch Adrianne’s story, where she shares why she chose an adoption plan for her baby.
- InfantAdoptionGuide.com/iTunes – If you like the show, I would love it if you would leave a review on iTunes. Thanks!
- InfantAdoptionGuide.com/welcome – get my 4 FREE adoption ebooks to help you on the adoption journey!
Do you like Podcasts? Listen and Subscribe to the IAG show on iTunes or Stitcher by clicking on the logos:
CLICK THE PLAY BUTTON BELOW TO LISTEN!