We have a very special guest on the show – Nicole “Coley” Strickland is here to share about her experience as a birthmom, and how she went on to co-found BirthmomBuds.com.
Coley is the President and Executive Director of BirthMom Buds which provides support to birthmothers through its many programs including the buddy system, pregnant and placing program, and annual birthmother retreats.
In addition to the numerous articles she has written, she has also been featured on a number of radio programs, magazine and newspaper articles, as well as in books such as:
How to Create a Successful Adoption Portfolio by Madeleine Melcher
A Personal Touch on Adoption by Peter Berlin
Coley has been blessed to parent her special needs son Noah, who along with the son she placed, is the love of her life.
She has further given a voice to the bittersweet turmoil birthmothers go through, by becoming an active member of the adoption community, writing, speaking and sharing her story with others.
This is why I’m so excited about talking with Coley today!
What you will learn about in this episode:
- Why Coley co-founded Birthmom Buds.
- How Birthmom Buds provides amazing support for birthmoms, women considering adoption, and hopeful adoptive parents.
- What makes them unique among adoption support groups.
- Listen to what Coley hopes that all adoptive parents learn from Birthmom Buds.
- Hear some success stories from women who have received support from Birthmom Buds.
- Why you should set up an open adoption contact agreement.
- AND MUCH MORE!
Links we talk about in this episode:
- BirthmomBuds.com – home page for this incredible organization.
- Coley’s adoption story – read the amazing story about how she made an adoption plan for her son.
- Help for adoptive parents – a great section on BirthmomBuds.com including resource links and a few things birthmoms want adoptive parents to know.
- Connect with BirthmomBuds on Facebook
- Birthmom Buds annual retreat – each year this event brings together birthmoms so they can meet, get to know and bond with other birthmoms.
- InfantAdoptionGuide.com/iTunes – If you like the show, I would love it if you would leave a review on iTunes. Thanks!
Listen and Subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher by clicking on the logos:
CLICK THE PLAY BUTTON BELOW TO LISTEN!