Do you think it is possible to adopt without DEBT?
I know you can – and so does Julie Gumm. She is an adoptive mom, a speaker and author.
She has been on the Dave Ramsey Show – which is a nationally syndicated talk radio show (really cool).
She and her husband have adopted twice – and they did it without going into debt. They are debt free because they’ve paid off over $200,000 – including their home.
Julie is our special guest on the show today – and the first to be on the show two times!
She was our guest back on episode 10. Here’s why I wanted to bring her back – because she has a new book called You CAN Adopt Without Debt – Creative Ways to Cover the Cost of Adoption.
There are lots of costs and variables that can make it hard to figure out if you can afford to adopt. With domestic infant adoption, there are costs for your adoption agency, your attorney, the home study, possible travel expenses, and so on.
It really hurts to hear from folks that get so discouraged about the cost – even losing hope that they can become parents through adoption – only because of the costs.
This is why I’m so excited about talking with Julie today! She is going to give you HOPE – because that is what her new book is all about. So, have a listen and enjoy this interview with Julie Gumm.
HOW TO WIN A FREE SIGNED COPY OF JULIE’S BOOK:
1. In the comments below (OR on the Domestic Adoption Support Network group on Facebook) tell me how or why Julie’s book will help you adopt.
2. I will pick 2 of the best entries – letting you know the winners in the comments – and on the updated part of this post.
3. You have until January 12th, 2015 at noon CST to leave your comment.
4. The winners will send me an email with their address so I can send you the signed copy!
UPDATE: Winners of Julie Gumm’s autographed books are: Caitlynn from Oklahoma and Carissa from Iowa! Congratulations!
What you will learn about in this episode:
- Why Julie wrote her new book – and what is different from her last book.
- What 3 things YOU can do to adopt without debt.
- Julie’s favorite adoption fundraising stories and ideas.
- Get Julies’s TOP TIPS for saving and fundraising for your adoption.
- Hear what Julie tells people that think they aren’t the type of person who can raise money for their adoption.
- How you can get a FREE SIGNED COPY of Julie’s new book: You CAN Adopt Without Debt!
- AND MUCH MORE!
Links we talk about in this episode:
- JulieGumm.com – home page for everything about Julie – including her blog, her books, and how to connect with her on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- You CAN Adopt Without Debt: Creative Ways of Covering the Cost of Adoption – get Julie’s new book today on Amazon!
- PureCharity.com – great organization and website to help you fund your adoption through donations.
- DaveRamsey.com – find out more about how to get out of debt and stay out of debt.
- Resources4Adoption.com – amazing site dedicated to helping adoptive families find grants (free money!)
- InfantAdoptionGuide.com/Funding-Your-Adoption-Through-Donation-Sites – this article tells you about websites that will help you collect donations and fund your adoption.
- InfantAdoptionGuide.com/10 – podcast episode #10 where Julie and I talk about how to adopt without debt
- InfantAdoptionGuide.com/iTunes – If you like the show, I would love it if you would leave a review on iTunes. Thanks!
- AdoptionProfileVideo.com – my new website about creating your own Adoption Profile Video!
- InfantAdoptionGuide.com/How to Make a Great Adoption Profile Video (in 5 simple steps) – article about how to get started making your profile video.
Listen and Subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher by clicking on the logos:
CLICK THE PLAY BUTTON BELOW TO LISTEN!