On this episode of the show I chat with Dr Ray Guarendi, a father to 10 adopted children who is also a clinical psychologist, author, speaker and radio/TV host.
Dr. Ray has been a regular guest on TV and radio programs such as Oprah, The 700 Club and CBS This Morning. Through all of his work, families have been his life. His aim is to help parents – offering practical advice mixed with wit and humor.
Dr. Ray wrote the book “Adoption: Choosing It, Living It, Loving It” where he answers the most commonly asked adoption questions with insight, humor and a heart for the adoptive family. His goal is to eliminate misperceptions about adoption, to encourage others to think about and act on adoption, and to guide adoptive parents to a more relaxed, rewarding family life for all involved. I have read the book and highly recommend it because it’s a resource for those considering adoption, those who have already adopted and those in the mix such as family members or friends of adoptive parents.
In this episode, Dr. Ray and I talk about what it’s like being the father of 10 adopted children. He shares his experience and answers questions about open adoption and his own journey.
What you’ll discover in this episode:
- Why Dr. Ray and his wife knew adoption was right for them when starting at the ages of 29 and 34.
- What open adoption means to him and why.
- How he and his wife talk to their kids about adoption.
- Dr Ray’s most important thing for adoptive parents to remember.
Links from this episode:
- DrRay.com – home page for Dr. Ray where you can find his books, his speaking schedule, how to listen to him on the radio and more.
- DrRay.com/bookstore – check out all of Dr. Ray’s books and even read samples from each one.
- Radio station listing of those carrying Dr Ray’s daily show “The Doctor Is In”
- “Living Right With Dr. Ray” TV show
- InfantAdoptionGuide.com/Welcome – get 4 FREE adoption guides (ebooks).
- InfantAdoptionGuide.com/StartHere – get my best adoption articles listed by category – Starting Your Journey, Adoption Costs, Agencies and MORE.
- InfantAdoptionGuide.com/iTunes – If you like the show, subscribe and leave a review on iTunes. Thanks!
Listen and Subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher by clicking on the logos:
CLICK THE PLAY BUTTON BELOW TO LISTEN!