“When it comes to your adoption profile, everything you include should paint a picture of the life you wish to share.” Madeleine Melcher
In domestic infant adoption, the most important tool you have to help you get a quick match with an expectant mother is your adoption profile. Recently I wrote an article showing you 9 places to get your profile professionally designed.
On this episode of the Infant Adoption Guide Podcast, we chat with Madeleine Melcher – one of the designers from that article. She has a very unique perspective in the adoption world. She is an adoptee and also an adoptive mom of three.
Madeleine’s website is OurJourneyToYouAdoption.com – which is dedicated to designing adoption profiles. She has helped lots of hopeful adoptive parents since 2005. Her unique designs have led some of her clients to be chosen within a few days after they’ve completed their profiles and were being presented to expectant parents.
Her latest book How to Create a Successful Adoption Portfolio: Easy Steps to Help You Produce the Best Adoption Profile and Prospective Birthparent Letter, was just released in 2014. She shares the secrets she has discovered over years of creating successful portfolios, profiles and prospective birth parent letters.
You definitely want to make the best first impression with an expectant mother. She needs to know how special you are, what your family life is like, and what you can provide for her baby.
You cannot afford to have your profile looking like everyone else’s. Listen to this show and you’ll discover how to make your profile stand out among the rest.
What you will learn about in this episode:
- Madeleine’s adoption story – being an adoptee and adoptive mom.
- The best way to make your profile unique.
- The biggest obstacle to overcome when creating your profile.
- How and why to work with Madeleine on your profile.
- Why she doesn’t show complete profile samples on her site (and why I think it’s a smart idea).
Links we talk about in this episode:
- OurJourneyToYouAdoption.com – Services include customized full profile creation, website creation, profile printing, and adoption announcement cards. You can read customer testimonials.
- How to Create a Successful Adoption Portfolio – Madeleine’s new book which I highly recommend. It is a step-by-step guide to creating a portfolio that will reflect your personality, make a strong positive impact and encourage the right birth family to choose you.
- InfantAdoptionGuide.com/Welcome – this is where you can get my 4 FREE adoption mini-ebooks for your domestic infant adoption.
- InfantAdoptionGuide.com/7Steps – this is my new 60 page adoption ebook – 7 Steps To Domestic Infant Adoption available on Amazon.com.
Questions for you: How are you going to create your adoption profile? What do you think about using a designer to help create your profile?